Friday, January 30, 2009

Pictures

Today was my first gomaa (Friday) in Cairo, which is the Muslim Sabbath. The streets were quiet this morning and many stores were not opened. The mosques announce their services through the loudspeakers starting around 11am, I think, and are done around 1pm. Many stores begin to open around 2pm. However there were still many people who were not attending services.

I took some pictures in Giza along Qasr Al-Nile. The section across the Nile in the pictures is Garden City.





This is Tahrir Street in Doqqi, which is the main street that is a few blocks from my street.



I had my final Survival Arabic class this afternoon and afterwards we went to Filfilah restaurant in Downtown with another one of the classes.

A book on Martin Luther King in Arabic, which I couldn't pass up for a mere 8 L.E.

No comments:

Post a Comment